This week, let us introduce to you one of our Salsa and Bachata partner dancer!
Meet Paul 😎
How did you get into learning Salsa and Bachata in Singapore?
I have always been passionate with dancing. I try multiple disciplines such as Hip Hop (Breaking, New Style) and have strong interest for house dance (the footwork is amazing!!).
Dancing on your own is great, but I wanted to learn how to dance with a partner. So few months back, I had the opportunity to take the trial at Caliente Dance Studio Singapore with the bro Zak and the sis Camille and I definitely don’t regret it. Based on the performance from the instructors, there are so much room to grow and the level of execution was so on point that it makes me want to learn more and being good at it. That’s why I’m here ! 😄
What is your favorite dance class and why?
I have only just started on my first Salsa Intermediate class. So my best dance class so far is Bachata Intermediate as I have done 3 lessons already. I could definitely see the gap between level 2 and 3, but I enjoy it a lot! The choreos are much more complexed yet much more beautiful when it’s well executed!
What do you enjoy the most about dancing Salsa and Bachata?
- I am such a music lover (I listen to all kind but most predominantly Hip Hop, R&B, Soul, Afro & Jamaican Dancehall) and one of the best way to connect with it is though dancing. Latin dance is by far the best art to feel the connection and passion with a partner. That makes this dance very unique and special among the others according to me.
- I also dance because it’s FUN!!! The process of learning new moves in class and during socials, sharing experiences with others and finally being able to execute perfectly the choreo/moves is such an amazing feeling of joy.
What reasons will you give to someone to start learning how to dance Salsa and Bachata?
1) Self confidence: If you are shy and introvert, learning latin dance is the best way to overcome it and step out of your comfort zone.
2) Friendly environment: We all know the restrictions due to this pandemic. However, learning salsa/bachata remains one of the best alternative to make new friends and build new connections.
3) LOT OF FUN!! Again, dancing is very fun! Learning, practicing with your friends and completely struggle with the choreo as you progress is part of the process. 😆😆
Which Salsa or Bachata song do you like the most?
Bachata: Pinto Picasso - Paris
Salsa: Afínca’o - Nina- Mandiga - Mayores (salsa version) Mandiga We don’t talk anymore (salsa version)
Thank you for sharing your salsa and bachata dance passion with us!
Visit us to try one of our Salsa and/or Bachata Trial Class in Singapore